Explosives Detection & Identification
Field Forensics is a premier developer and manufacturer of explosives and narcotics detection and identification kits and instruments.
RAMAN Spectrometer: Pocket-sized identifier of narcotics, explosives & toxic chemicals
This incredibly small Raman handheld analyzer identifies illicit narcotics, controlled drugs, explosives materials, pharmaceutical ingredients and a wide range of unknown substances. Thousands of compounds are available in FFI’s spectral libraries. It also analyzes and reports the components of mixtures.
100 INDICATOR (explosives, narcotics and chem-bio) is a compact, ruggedized Raman spectrometer that is incredibly powerful. It is able to analyze thousands of explosives, narcotics and toxic chemicals in seconds. Laser power is adjustable and use programmable acquisition delay when measuring energetic materials. 100 INDICATOR features a durable and waterproof construction yet can also be connected to a PC for detailed spectral analysis, library and record management.
100 INDICATOR has tactile buttons – easy operated while wearing protective gloves.
Accessories include: pouch, shoulder strap, USB cable, laser aperture cap with polystyrene target, sample vials, point-and-shoot adapter, vial holder, 90° angle adapter, tripod attachment point, connection kit ethernet and WIFI,
Two Modes of Operation:
- Point-and-Shoot in which users measure directly or through a plastic bag or glass vial
- Vial Measurement in which the user inserts a sample vial into the attachable vial adapter
- Customs & Border Protection
- Narcotics Identification
- Counterfeit Pharmaceuticals
- Military Intelligence
- Site Exploitation
- Material Quality Control
Approvals & Certifications:
EN 60825-1:2007 Class 3B, EN 61000-6-3:2007, AS/NZS CISPR 22, EN 61000-6-1-6-1:2007, EN 61000-4-2, -3, EN 60950–1:2006–05-29 + A1/A2/A11/AC1, EN 60950-22:2006-06-19 + C1/A11/A11C1, EN 61010-1:2010 (Third Edition), Directive 2012/19/EU (WEEE), Directive 2011/65/EU (RoHS), IEC 60529 IP67, MIL-STD-810G 514.6 (vibration), MIL-STD-810G 516.6 (functional shock)
EZKs are self-contained, rugged, can be carried in a shirt pocket. EZK™ detects a broad range of explosives in solid or liquid forms, at trace (invisible to the eye) or bulk levels. (visible to the eye). EZK™ discs are small yet easy to use – they require very little training. EZK™ tests for home-made explosives (HME), HME precursor chemicals, commercial and military explosives.
EZK™ detection discs are perhaps the most convenient test kits on the market – simple and reliable yet with excellent sensitivity to broad range of explosives and very low false positive rates.
EZK™ enhanced colorimetric chemistry is unique, giving the user easily discernible colors and false-positive rates lower than other currently available test kits, instruments and even K-9s. There are no known false-negatives.
EZK™ doesn’t require an instrument to read the result and since any color change indicates a positive for explosives or a precursor chemical the color chart is only for reference. A digital camera records the result, the kit serial number, date, time, GPS location and other information. Trace explosive detection in your pocket.
Each EZK™ has an hermetically sealed pouch and each includes operating instructions and reference color chart.
EZK™ is available in the FFI Online Shop.
E.L.I.T.E. Model EL-100
- E.L.I.T.E.™ colorimetric chemistry is unique, giving the user easily discernible colors and false-positive rates lower than other currently available test kits, instruments and even K-9s. There are no known false-negatives.
- E.L.I.T.E.™ kits apply to a broad range of applications including checkpoint screening of people, vehicles and baggage, security spot-checks, forensic intelligence gathering and post-blast investigations.
- E.L.I.T.E.™ doesn’t require an instrument to read the result since a color change indicates a positive test. The color chart is only for reference. A digital camera records the result, the kit serial number, date, time, GPS location and other information.
- E.L.I.T.E.™ tests for peroxide, perchlorate and chlorate in liquid, vapor or solid form. It even detects peroxide-based explosives such as TATP when the TATP is stored or hidden under alcohol.